Must Make Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies

Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies


I love these cookies so much. Cinnamon and apples are two staples in my diet, so I can't get enough of these tasty treats. Easy to make and taste like apple pie!

Ingredients
1 stick of butter                                                                    2/3 cups white sugar
2/3 cups brown sugar                                                           2 eggs
2 tablespoons cornstarch                                                      1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon                                                            1 green apple, finely chopped*
1 tablespoon baking soda                                                      2 cups flour
 
Direction
Preheat oven to 350. Prepare the baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside

Cream the butter with the brown sugar and white sugar in a medium bowl. Add eggs, stir well. Add the cornstarch, salt, baking soda, flour, and cinnamon. Stir well. Mix in apple gently. 

Place 1 spoon sized dough balls on baking sheet, 1-2 inches of space between cookies. 

Bake 10-12 minutes, until soft but no longer doughy

*can use any apple, I just really enjoy the taste of the bitter granny smith apple with a sweet cookie
**I usually add 1 teaspoon of Chinese 5 Spice when I add the cinnamon but this is not necessary

For high altitude add 1 tablespoon of extra flour (I'm at 7,600 feet and this works for me)

Comments